How to do a backside rodeo
- Approach the lip with a slight toeside carve (like you are going do a backside spin)
- On the top of the lip, put your weight over your heels and pop
- Drop your front shoulder and tuck to start the flip
- Look over your back shoulder to spot your landing
- The extra 180 part of the trick is done towards the end of the flip
If you are doing a rodeo 5, keep your head looking backwards on the landing to stop yourself from reverting on the landing.
When you have the backside rodeo 5 down, add an extra 180 to make it a backside rodeo 7 so you can ride out regular.
Learn how to do a switch nose press
Before you attempt a switch nose press, make sure you can do a switch 50-50 so you are comfortable riding on a rail switch.
- Aproach with a slight angle on your toe edge
- Catch the rail on the nose
- Bend your front knee to help start the press
- Keep your shoulders straight with the feature
- Ride off the feature smoothly
How to do a backside 1 on, switch 50-50 with a switch frontside 3 off
Before you go for this trick, make sure you can do a backside 1 to switch 50-50 on a rail without any problems. When you have that locked, add a half-cab to the end.
- Ride in parallel to the rail, on a slight toe edge
- Pop a back 1 onto the rail
- Keep looking up at the start of the rail to help line up the nose of your board and stop your rotation
- As soon as you are locked on the rail, open up your shoulders to start the wind up for the 3
- Keep your head turned to force the 3 around
- Try and land with a flat base